Apple TV 3 Jailbreak available? NO (updated 3/27/15)
Are you an Apple TV customer who wants to run non-Apple-approved apps? Then this is the how-to guide for you! Let’s jump right into it.
It’s actually a really simple process assuming you have an Apple TV 2. For customers who have an Apple TV 3, we apologize, but you’re out of luck at the moment. Hopefully that will change in the near future (check back for updates)
In the meantime, for Apple TV 2 customers, you’re in luck: If you’re running iOS 5.3, you can jailbreak it with some nifty software known as Seas0nPass.
Here’s how it’s done:
1. Navigate to the FireCore website (http://firecore.com/) and download Seas0nPass.
2. Unzip the Seas0nPass software to your Applications directory.
3. Connect your Mac computer to your Apple TV device via a USB Micro Cable.
4. Open Seas0nPassand click the “Create IPSW” button to start the jailbreaking process.
5. When prompted, press the “Menu” and “Play/Pause” buttons on your Apple TV 2 at the same time.
6. After the jailbreak is complete, reconnect your Apple TV to your television set and turn it on.
7. You should now be seeing the FireCore logo when it starts up. This mean you can jailbroken software.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully jailbroken your Apple TV 2. Enjoy!