iOS 8 has plenty of useful features, but there’s nothing quite like the tweaking the operating system with Cydia to get exactly what you want out of your iPhone or iPad. Out of the many Cydia tweaks folder iOS 8 that are available, here are a few tweaks and jailbroken apps that are a must have on your iOS device.
- CleanLock changes your lock screen from a notification rich environment to one where everything is kept private. If you deal with sensitive data on a work phone or you don’t want prying family to know the details of your private conversations, this is an essential Cydia tweak
- Ever send a message to realize that it’s awful and should never go out into the wild. Instead of inventing a time machine to stop yourself from sending the message in the first place, use the StopSend tweak to halt that message in its tracks. Autocorrect won’t make you look like a fool in front of your boss this time
- Use multiple social media accounts to keep your personal and professional life separate? It’s a pain to log into each account individually. Slice cuts down on the hassle by allowing you to switch to multiple accounts on different services. The only real concern after you install this Cydia tweak is making sure you’re posting to the right account before the drunken party pictures go up
- BackupAZ is a necessary Cydia addition if you spend a lot of time tweaking your jailbroken iOS 8 device. Sometimes a jailbreak tweak or configuration change simply doesn’t work the way you hoped it would. Instead of starting from scratch and losing data or spending time reloading personal files, BackupAZ takes a backup of your Cydia settings and other phone data.
- CyDelete makes it a breeze to test out different Cydia tweaks and apps. Instead of going through a somewhat frustrating process to uninstall tweaks you don’t want, CyDelete helps you quickly remove unwanted apps and changes from your system.
Cydia is an excellent way to get the most out of your iOS 8 iPhone or iPad, and it only gets better when you install these tweaks on your system.