CenturyLink My Bill Help
- A Century Link bill can be paid online, on the phone, through the mail, or in person at a Century Link office. Customers can even set up automatic monthly payment to make sure they never miss a payment
- Customers can remove AutoPay from their Century Link account at any time
- Customers can log on to their Century Link account to view their bill and make a payment
The Century Link My Bill Help account number can be found on the paper bill or e-statement, in the “My Account” section of the Century Link website, in the welcome letter when service was first started, or on an order confirmation letter. Century Link communications customers can visit the Century Link “My Account” website to get help with understanding their bill. On a Century Link bill, customers will find valuable information like the monthly account summary, the total amount that is due for this month’s bill, a summary of any new charges, the Century Link account number, and more.
- When customers cancel their Century Link service, a final, closing bill will be created immediately
- Depending on when the service is actually disconnected, customers may receive one or even two additional bills from Century Link
- Any questions about the Century Link My Bill Help service can be directed to 800.366.8201
More about Century Link
Century Link was founded in 1968, and serves communications and data services to 36 states. Century Link is the third largest communications company in the United States, behind only AT&T and Verizon. Century Link is famous for holding the naming rights to several sports venues, like Century Link Field in Seattle, Washington, home of the Seattle Seahawks, Century Link Arena in Boise, Idaho, Century Link Center in Bossier City, Louisiana, Century Link Center in Omaha, Nebraska, and Century Link Sports Complex and Hammond Stadium in Fort Myers, Florida.