- Enter a Sprint phone order number to e-sign a contract and complete the phone order
- Both Sprint business lines and individual plans contracts can be signed with the “e-sign” system
- Customers who pre-ordered a phone from Sprint will have their cards charged when the order is placed
Customers who have pre-ordered a phone through the Sprint website or who have ordered a new phone can visit the Sprint website to sign their new contract digitally. To begin the Sprint e-sign process, customers will need to enter their order number, which can be found in the initial e-mail. If a Sprint customer e-signs their contract when a new device is ordered, Sprint will activate the device in their warehouse so the phone is ready to use straight out of the box. Sprint customers who are upgrading their phone cannot have their device activated in the warehouse. Customers who pre-order multiple phones from Sprint at once must have them shipped separately. Any accessories with a Sprint phone pre-order will also be shipped in separate packages from the phone.
- Once the Sprint contract has been electronically signed, the customer will receive a message that the order has been received
- A phone will be shipped from Sprint without the contract being e-signed, but a new Sprint device cannot be activated until the contract has been signed by the customer
- The Sprint eSign service is free to use
More about Sprint
Sprint corporation was founded in 1899. Sprint’s wireless division has received several awards, including the Atlantic-ACM Global Wholesale and U.S. Wholesale award, which they have received more times than any other telecommunications company. Sprint also won global awards for “Brand and Voice Value” and United States awards for “Brand, Provisioning, Network and Customer Service.” Sprint currently has their headquarters at 6200 Sprint Pkwy. Overland Park, KS 66251.