Your Car Rental Clam
- Start a car rental claim online with the AMEX Assurance Company
To start a claim online sure to have the car rental contract (provided at the time of renting the auto), the customers insurance information card, and the police report explaininf the situation that occurred along with the type of damage, including vandalism and or theft. It will take around 15 minutes to complete the claim depending on how bad the accident was and how many parties were involved (having a copy of the Car Rental Agreement/Contract, Personal and/or Business Insurance information and the Police Report on hand will make the process much more stress free).
- All customers who file Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance claims should understand that the insurance is underwritten by AMEX Assurance Company, Administrative Office, Phoenix, AZ under Policy AX0925, Policy AX0926, Policy CRLDI-AX0927, or Policy CRLDI-IND
- AMEX will work with the Car Rental Company to ensure are the required documents are obtained and will email the claimant if anything is missing on their end
- Delta Reserve, Platinum, and Centurion Card Members, certain necessary covered medical expenses incurred as a result of an accident by the Card Member or a Passenger are payable up to a maximum of $5,000 per person
- The status of a claim can be tracked online or by dialing a claims super agent at 1-800-338-1670
- When sending required documents via US Mail please allow up to 5 days for the status of them to update online
- It is recommended the customer avoid contacting the car rental company (i.e. Hertz, Enterprise)
- For those with more than one claim please check the ‘Check Another Claim’ tab
Any questions regarding a AMEX car rental claim can be directed to a customer care agent at 1-800-338-1670. Most claim will take around 45 days to complete but may take longer or shorter based on current workload and the complexity of the car rental claim.